MONEYWarning for shellfish lovers after man dies of bacterial infection due to...

Warning for shellfish lovers after man dies of bacterial infection due to eating raw oysters at Dania Beach restaurant

DANIA BEACH – Identified the world over for its seafood, the Rustic Inn in Dania Seashore is making headlines for all of the mistaken causes.

In July, the supervisor confirmed a buyer acquired sick and died from consuming a uncooked oyster that was contaminated with the micro organism often called vibrio vulnificus.

“Vibrio vulnificus is seen in shellfish harvested from salty or brackish water,” says Dr Ade Bamgboye, an inner drugs specialist with HCA Florida Northwest Hospital.

He says most individuals can combat off the an infection, however it may be lethal in case you have underlying circumstances, particularly a suppressed immune system.

“Issues like most cancers with chemotherapy therapy, HIV, diabetes,” he mentioned.

The restaurant does have indicators within the constructing and on menus warning diners that consuming uncooked shellfish could enhance your threat of foodborne sickness.

The supervisor says he believes the dangerous oyster got here from Louisiana.

State businesses are investigating.

The restaurant had an inspection in late July and handed. 

The supervisor says the identification tags from the oysters had been taken by state regulators.

Final week, one other Florida man in Pensacola died from consuming uncooked oysters.

Dr. Bamgboye says as a rule of thumb it is higher to get your shellfish cooked to keep away from any sickness.

Source link

Exclusive content

Latest article

More article